25 Jul See You at Revoice!
The Revoice Conference in St. Louis starts tomorrow, and I’m so excited to see what’s in store! If you haven’t heard about it yet or don’t know much about it, Revoice is a conference for LGBT+ people who adhere to the traditional sexual ethic of Scripture. The goal is to create a place for sexual and gender minorities to find encouragement as they follow the historic Biblical teaching on sexual ethics — encouragement that countless churches sorely lack.
The conference has generated a tremendous amount of reactionary backlash from conservatives, resulting in countless misrepresentations and falsehoods. I’ve generally refrained from making any commentary on all of it because numerous people, far more eloquent than myself, have done a heroic job at responding to the criticisms with grace and truth. If you’d like to learn more about Revoice, I’d highly recommend reading any of these articles defending and expounding upon the conference:
- Revoice’s Founder Answers the LGBT Conference’s Critics – Christianity Today
- Concerning Reports About Revoice – Greg Johnson, Lead Pastor of Memorial PCA, conference venue
- In Defense of Spiritual Friendship and Revoice – Ron Belgau
- Lust and Augustine – Dale M. Coulter
- Thinking Deeply about Christian Love: Same-Sex Attraction, Sin, and Spiritual Friendship – Ron Belgau
- Sex, Temptation, and the Gay Christian: What Chastity Demands – Matthew Lee Anderson
- Why I Support the Revoice Conference – Preston Sprinkle
- A Reply to ‘Queer Culture in the PCA?’ – Greg Johnson
- Am I a Sinner Saved by Grace? – Ron Belgau
- Revoice and Again I Say Revoice – Warren Throckmorton
- Interview with Nate Collins about Revoice 2018, Bill’s Workshop, and the Sexuality/Faith Conversation – Lead Them Home
Plenty more has been written in defense of Revoice, so if you exhaust these links, then please reach out and I’ll send you more! Otherwise, let’s all be praying for the conference this week that God would move in extraordinary ways. And if you plan to be there, I can’t wait to meet! See you at Revoice!